Anti-social behaviour

If you are being affected by anti-social behaviour, please get in touch with us on 0800 218 2247 or  report it using our online form here.

If you are aware of, or it you have witnessed a crime, please call the police on 101, Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or dial 999 in an emergency.


What do we mean by 'Anti-social Behaviour'?

Examples would be:

  • Harassment and intimidation
  • Graffiti
  • Damaging or threatening to damage another person’s home or possessions
  • Not controlling a pet or allowing it to foul or cause damage to property
  • Hateful behaviour that targets members of identified groups because of their perceived difference
  • Allowing people who live with you and/or your visitors to be noisy or disruptive
  • Illegal drug use or supply

Our approach to anti-social behaviour

We actively encourage tenants and leaseholders to be good neighbours.

A good neighbour is someone who acts reasonably and considerately, and respects the different values and lifestyles reflected in the community.

The Tenancy Agreement is a legal contract between Watford Community Housing and its tenants. The Agreement says tenants are responsible for their own behaviour and the behaviour of people who live with them or visit them. This means that we can take action when tenants are acting anti-socially or where people living with them, or their visitors, are causing problems.

Taking action

We use many ways to deal with anti-social behaviour, including prevention, working with partners such as the police, and enforcement such as an Anti-Social Behaviour Order or eviction action.

If you are affected by anti-social behaviour yourself or you have witnessed someone else being affected by it, you can make an initial complaint to us on 0800 2182247 or using our online form.

Don't forget if you suspect crime, contact the Police on 101, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or call 999 in an emergency.