In December 2020, two-year-old Awaab Ishak died as a result of direct exposure to mould in his home in Rochdale.
Awaab’s Law was introduced to ensure landlords investigate and fix reported health hazards within specified timeframes – a consultation for the proposed timeframes is currently open until 5 March.
The government want to hear views on their proposals to:
We are working with our Gateway Membership Team and our Customer Experience Committee to put together our response as an organisation. We take damp and mould very seriously and are supportive of the efforts to improve the repairs service for tenants across the UK.