Have you ever wanted to become a volunteer? At Watford Community Housing, staff have the opportunity of using their 2 allocated volunteering days in a variety of ways and Watford has amazing volunteering opportunities to suit your needs. Pictured here is our Development Manager who used one of her volunteering days to act as a chaperone at her daughter's school trip.
Here are a few roles for you to consider:
- Herts Inclusive Theatre :
- They are looking for someone who will support them in volunteering roles related to arts, entertainment and music, also needed for general help and the local events.
- This job will involve varied tasks like working at the till, serving customers, sorting items and displaying stock at the charity shop
- Children and Young People’s Activities Volunteer at Watford Mencap
- If you enjoy working with children and young peoples' service staff team, they need a volunteer to provide fun and exciting opportunities to children and young people aged 4-19, with learning disabilities.
There are also a number of local charities with various volunteering opportunities available such as the Peace Hospice Care, Sunshine Children’s Centre Charity and Oxfam to name a few.
The charities are offering various things:
- Peace Hospice Care:
- They are looking for someone to help donate items, prepare goods for sales, operate the tills, talk to customers, help keep the shop tidy and represent the hospice positively.
- Looking for some volunteers to help around the shop.
- Looking for a volunteer, bric-a-brac assistant, till assistant and a customer service.
- New Hope:
- They are looking for some with bricklaying skills to assist unemployed people who have been homeless and are residents in their supportive accommodations. They’re also looking for a driver.
All of these charities plus many more are in need of volunteers. To find out more about these roles or to get in touch with them directly, click on this link:
There is an endless list of what you could volunteer in, so experiment and try out different things until you find the one that suits you best.