Requesting a copy of your information

Data Protection

Over the course of our relationship with you, we’ll deal with aspects of your personal information (your “personal data”). We make sure we do this in line with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). 

You’re entitled to know what information we have about you, what we use it for and who we might share it with. You can request access to this information by making a “subject access request” in line with your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. 


To make a subject access request:-

  • please fill in and submit the form below, setting out what you need. We’ll also need proof of identification from you. You can either upload this with your completed form or, if you have any problems doing this, email it to us separately at

The form can be found here as a PDF download, or click below to fill in online:

Subject Access Request Form


We recommend you use our form to request your information as it’ll help us deal with your query more quickly, but you don’t have to. If you prefer you can:-

  • write to our Chief Technology Officer at Watford Community Housing, 59 Clarendon Road, WD17 1LA enclosing a copy of your birth certificate, driving licence or passport or, if you don’t have one of these, two photocopied proofs of residence from the last 3 months, i.e. recent utility bill, bank statement, DWP letter, employer’s letter. Please also give us full details about the information you need, e.g. the departments/teams involved, dates and authors of documents and anything else which may help us locate it.
  • ask for the form to be sent to you by phoning us on 0800 2182247.
  • email us at: asking for the form to be sent to you

We have 30 days to respond to your request.

We may need to withhold some information, such as information from or about someone else or information that’s confidential to us as an organisation. We’ll let you know if we can’t send this to you, and why, when we provide the rest of your information.