Rent and Service Charges
As a leaseholder you are responsible for a variety of costs relating to the maintenance, repair and management of your home, block and estate.
• Ground rent - Because your lease is a long term tenancy agreement, you must pay us rent (which is usually a small amount each year). Ground rent is a specific legal requirement of the lease and must be paid on the due date which is shown in your lease.
• Annual services charges - Service charges are payments which you are required to make for the services that we provide. This will include things like maintenance and repairs to common parts, insurance of the building and, in some cases, provision of lifts, lighting, communal aerials, door entry systems, cleaning of common areas and grounds maintenance, etc. Usually the charges will also include the costs of management of these services.
The costs of these services are recharged to you on an annual basis. Service charges can vary from year to year; they can go up or down without any limit, although we must make sure that the costs are reasonable for the service that has been provided.
Details of what can (and cannot) be charged by us and the proportion of the charge that you will pay are set out in your lease. It is very important that you understand your service charge obligations and you should make sure that you have a look at this section of your lease.
How to Make a Payment
By Direct Debit
Call the rent team on 01923 209111 to set up a Direct Debit
Rent and Service Charges Direct Debit Form
Click here to pay online – you will need to input the reference number. If you were not sent a card or have forgotten the number please contact the Rent Team on 01923 209111
Pay using your Mobile Phone
If you have a Smartphone why not take advantage of Allpay’s app to make payments to your account. For more information about paying using your mobile phone click here.
Alternatively you can pay your rent by text messaging.
By Bank Transfer
You can instruct your bank to make payments directly to the details are below. To enable us to credit the money to your account in the reference please quote your tenancy number. This is the 10 digit number beigining with 700 or 600 depending on your account, which appears on correspondence we send you. If you do not know this please contact the Rents Team on 01923 209111. If you prefer, we can send you a standing order form for you to complete and send to your bank.
Payment to: Watford Community Housing
Account No 33164985
Sort code 20-00-00
Reference Your account number beginning 600 or 700
By telephone via an Automated payment service
This service is available to anyone with a landline telephone or mobile which has a touch tone keypad.
• Dial 0330 041 6497
• You will be prompted to enter the 19 digit number on the payment card.
• If you have not received a payment card please contact the rent team on 01923 209111
• An authorisation code is given for each successful transaction, which acts in exactly the same way as a paper receipt.
• This service is completely secure, so you can be assured that your personal details will not be disclosed to anyone else. This service is hosted by Allpay.