Who We Are
We are a charitable, not-for-profit housing association registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.
We’re regulated by the Regulator of Social Housing, which sets the standards we are expected to meet to ensure that we’re properly governed, financially viable and we deliver value for money across all areas of our work.
We’re also a member of the National Housing Federation (NHF) and have adopted the 2015 NHF Code of Governance.
Our Vision & Values
Our vision is to provide ‘Better homes, friendlier communities …. together’.
Our values are integral to how we work and we are proud that together we:
- Take personal ownership for our actions to provide excellent service
- Act professionally and with integrity to deliver our promises
- Offer progressive and innovative ways of doing things.
Our five priority areas for 2016-2020 are:
- Super Brand – providing a customer-focused service to our tenants that is fit for purpose and promotes a 'right first time' culture
- Strong Financial Position – remaining financially strong to enable us to deliver our vision
- Partnership Working – working with others to deliver our vision
- Active Developer – delivering new homes in Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire, providing a range of tenure types that meet housing need
- Building Community Capacity – building community capacity to enhance the life chances of our tenants
You can read more about our priority areas in our Business Plan 2016-2020 (opens in PDF).
Value For Money
We are committed to providing services that deliver value for money, as required under the HCA regulatory framework and highlighted in our Watford Community Housing Business Plan 2016-20 under Priority Area Two: ‘Strong Financial Position’.
We publish an annual Value For Money self-assessment, demonstrating how we achieve value for money across our activities.
To read our self-assessment for 2016-17, click the link below:
To see the strategy we’re using to deliver efficiencies and savings, click here:
Value for Money Strategy (opens in PDF)
Community Development Strategy
Alongside our business plan, we also publish a Community Development Strategy. This sets out how we’ll continue to involve our tenants, leaseholders and the wider community in all we do, not just to make our services better, but to give people pride in their communities and make the areas we serve better places to live. You can download our strategy here :
Community Development Strategy (opens in PDF)
Asset Management Strategy
We also publish our Asset Management Strategy, setting out the strategic direction and objectives for how we will manage its assets over the next five years. The strategy has been developed through staff and resident consultation and designed to set the direction for how we manage each of our homes through its individual lifetime. You can read our strategy here: Asset Management Strategy (opens in PDF)
Our Road Map
Our aim is to have a clear image and service offer, providing consistent, reliable quality services and ensuring we get it right first time.
We have set goals of increasing satisfaction with our services every quarter, and you can read our road map to becoming a super brand, setting out how we will do this, below.
Download Road Map (opens in PDF)